Do you love plants and flowers? Would you like to be able to draw them with pleasure and throw off the inner critic who may sit on your shoulder? Well, this is the right workshop for you. Catherine will show you how to draw a flower or plant, but with the freedom of using imaginative tools, colours and forms but still finish with some wonderful depictions of botany.
Inspiration for the beginning of the day will spring from the garden both as a motivating force and a wellspring for drawing materials.
The day will be split into three parts:
- Drawing with found objects and tools
- Continuous line drawing from plants/flowers
- Collage with integration of all of the elements studied during the day.
There will be plenty of time for questions throughout the process and Catherine will demonstrate each element.
Time for lunch and essential tea/coffee breaks!
Equipment you need to bring:
- Packed lunch
- Empty jam jar with lid
- A favourite pen (waterproof) for drawing, if you have one.
- Old magazines or coloured pictures, if you have any.
- An open mind
- Determination to have fun
Suitable for all levels of experience